Sunday, June 20, 2010

Love and Apathy

Today is Father's Day. I have a pretty great one, so here's to him. Charles Steven Forrester, known to those who love him as "Steve," is the best dad I know. I'm also pretty certain he's Superman. Love you, dad.

Today is also the one month anniversary of my best friend's daughter's death. So here's to you, Isabelle. You were wonderful, and you will never ever be forgotten. Never. I stood in the baby section today at Walmart and picked up a pair of preemie shorts and started to cry. They were so tiny, they might have even been too small for you in your tiny little diaper butt. Thank you for everything you were able to share with us while you were here, and someday we'll meet again.

Yesterday, instead of doing anything related to photography, the wedding, or cleaning, I opted to stay in bed from the moment I woke up until 8 something that night--so roughly twelve hours-- and read. On my iTouch. Yes, on a 2"x3" screen. It was marvelous. The best part is, I am getting pretty caught up with the photography so I didn't even feel *that* guilty about it. I think I need to spend more days getting back to what I really love, and getting away from the computer. Don't get me wrong, I love photography and whatnot, but just losing myself in a different world is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled anonymous commenting on my blog, but I would appreciate it if you would leave your name and location along with your message. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!