Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Defeatist

I am one of those people who analyzes everything, and more often than not my analyzing borders more on over-analyzing than anything normal. If you're still with me, thanks. So today is one of those days when I should feel happy and chilled out. The sun is out, it's not too hot and not TOO cold. My wife has put down the computer and taken up the landscaping job I started over the last few weeks. We actually have progress in the area, and have put in two little bushes. It's her mom's birthday. And I don't want to do anything. I don't want to be productive, I don't want to go in public, I don't want to talk to anyone, and I feel like a fat, lazy, ugly, slob. My face keeps breaking out and I've gained weight.

I know what to do to stop it--to reverse it (well, the weight thing. The acne thing is 9/10 a mystery), but I can't bring myself to do it. I don't. Want. To move. I'm tired, I'm convinced people hate me because of things I've said or done, and I can't find any clothes to wear. I just want to go back to the bedroom, lie in bed for a week watching television and speaking to no one, and when I come out it will be wonderful spring/summer weather outside, I'll be rested and have magically dropped thirty pounds, my friends will all be clamoring to speak to me, and my face will no longer resemble a twelve-year-old's. And I'll have a British accent. I think that might make me feel better, too.

2 comments:

  1. A British accent makes everything better!

    Sorry you are feeling so blue, miss you & love you!

    Love,
    BT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and often feel the same of late. That would explain why I am awake and stalking facebook instead of sleeping. Call me. We can get together. I can move, if you don't feel like it. :) Love. . . . Angie P

    ReplyDelete

I have enabled anonymous commenting on my blog, but I would appreciate it if you would leave your name and location along with your message. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!